- The Afghan families fleeing a second country in six months
- Drake to Guy Laliberté; how wealthy Canadians travelled during COVID-19
- How Bitcoin’s carbon footprint could be offset by blockchain’s green applications
- Speaking with Sviatlana Tsikhanouskaya
- PPE litter – the other ‘plague’
- Worshipping in a pandemic
- Brexit: The End of the Beginning
- Apple Maps’ Crimea border shift highlights role of online map providers in defining statehood
- When covering a story changes the story
- Is flight shaming the next climate change conversation?
Drake to Guy Laliberté; how wealthy Canadians travelled during COVID-19
How Bitcoin’s carbon footprint could be offset by blockchain’s green applications
Speaking with Sviatlana Tsikhanouskaya
My interview with Belarus opposition leader Sviatlana Tsikhanouskaya, who is in exile in Lithuania.
She speaks about her husband’s incarceration, life in exile, and Canada’s support for the opposition movement.
Read and watch:
PPE litter – the other ‘plague’
Read the full article here
Watch the TV report below:
Posted in Uncategorized
Worshipping in a pandemic
My feature report on how worshipping has had to adapt, and how the pandemic may affect it into the future.
Brexit: The End of the Beginning
After three-and-a-half years of rancour and delays, the UK finally leaves the EU. Here’s my take from Westminster on Brexit Day:
Apple Maps’ Crimea border shift highlights role of online map providers in defining statehood
Tech giant Apple recently changed the borders of Crimea for users of Apple Maps in Russia.
The border shift is highlighting the role of online map providers, including Google and Microsoft, in defining accepted international frontiers and sovereignty.
Read more here: http://globalnews.ca/news/6306941/apple-maps-crimea-statehood/
When covering a story changes the story
In May 2019, I discovered that the family of a Canadian solider, who was killed on D-Day, didn’t know a Normandy school was about to be named after him. In fact, his sister thought I was a scam artist when I first called her. Just a few days later, I sat down with her in they newly-renamed École Louis Valmont Roy.
Is flight shaming the next climate change conversation?
My three-part series on the conversation surrounding the climate change impact of commercial air travel. Read and watch here: https://globalnews.ca/news/5475837/flight-shaming-climate-change-emissions/
Posted in Uncategorized