- The privilege of pandemic private jets. How wealthy Canadians travelled during COVID-19
- How Bitcoin’s carbon footprint could be offset by blockchain’s green applications
- Speaking with Sviatlana Tsikhanouskaya
- PPE litter – the other ‘plague’
- Worshipping in a pandemic
- Brexit: The End of the Beginning
- Apple Maps’ Crimea border shift highlights role of online map providers in defining statehood
- When covering a story changes the story
- Is flight shaming the next climate change conversation?
- Normandy school renamed after New Brunswick D-Day hero
Category Archives: TV
My interview with Belarus opposition leader Sviatlana Tsikhanouskaya, who is in exile in Lithuania.
She speaks about her husband’s incarceration, life in exile, and Canada’s support for the opposition movement.
Read and watch:
My feature report on how worshipping has had to adapt, and how the pandemic may affect it into the future.
After three-and-a-half years of rancour and delays, the UK finally leaves the EU. Here’s my take from Westminster on Brexit Day:
Tech giant Apple recently changed the borders of Crimea for users of Apple Maps in Russia.
The border shift is highlighting the role of online map providers, including Google and Microsoft, in defining accepted international frontiers and sovereignty.
Read more here: http://globalnews.ca/news/6306941/apple-maps-crimea-statehood/
In May 2019, I discovered that the family of a Canadian solider, who was killed on D-Day, didn’t know a Normandy school was about to be named after him. In fact, his sister thought I was a scam artist when I first called her. Just a few days later, I sat down with her in they newly-renamed École Louis Valmont Roy.
How a Normandy village chose to recognise the bravery of Canadian solider Pte. Louis Valmont Roy on D-Day. His sister and nephew travelled from Canada to unveil the new school name, 75 years after the soldier’s death.
Watch the full story here: https://globalnews.ca/news/5367370/normandy-school-renamed-new-brunswick-d-day-hero/
Explaining why the UK is finding it so difficult to leave the EU.
What really happened to missing journalist Jamal Khashoggi? As the mystery deepens, pressure is mounting on U.S. President Donald Trump to confront Saudi Arabia over the case. (click on image to view story)