An exclusive report for CBC News on March 14, 2014. It details how the Progressive Conservative Party of New Brunswick misrepresented a $5,125 loan to MLA Greg Davis in its 2012 financial statement. It came two days after I first reported on the loan’s existence. It was given to Davis to cover five months of rent arrears on his constituency office, despite him having claimed the full $40,000 limit for constituency expenses in 2012. Both reports came days after a Bailiff’s notice on Davis’s office showed that he had fallen 6.5 months behind on his rent in 2013-2014.
- Speaking with Sviatlana Tsikhanouskaya
- PPE litter – the other ‘plague’
- Worshipping in a pandemic
- Brexit: The End of the Beginning
- Apple Maps’ Crimea border shift highlights role of online map providers in defining statehood
- Is flight shaming the next climate change conversation?
- Normandy school renamed after New Brunswick D-Day hero
- The complex history of deciding who can compete in sports as a woman
- How the UK painted itself into a corner
- The enduring spirit of St. Bride’s Church